1. Run the earmold under hot water.
- HOW-TO: Change the tube on a BTE hearing aid earmold
- Step-by-Step Instructions
3. Remove any tubing bits from inside the hole, using a tubing reamer.
2. Remove old tubing with a smooth, gentle motion. Do not pull hard or tug, as excessive force could rip the tubing.
4. Apply cement inside the hole of the earmold.
- 5. Thread tube puller through the hole. Place the tip of the quilled end of the tube through the loop.
- 6. Pull firmly until the tubing is through the earmold. Then position for comfort.
- 7. Carefully cut the tube as close to the earmold as possible.
- 8. Wipe earmold with a disinfectant cloth, and reattach to hearing aid.