tips, famous sayings, humor, interesting facts, quizzes or riddles.
- Hearing Health House Hints & Humor Hints & Humor page has new monthly quotes, helpful household
"Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly." Ways to Reuse Coffee Grounds
"Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know."
"Be kinder than necessary."
- Add grounds to your compost pile
- Improve the soil to use for your plants. Worms love the coffee grounds, munch them and produce nutrient-rich castings.
- Use grounds as fertilizer for your plants
- Rinse the acidic grounds, then mix directly into soil to help plants get essential elements like phosphorus and potassium without the use of chemical fertilizers.
- Scatter used grounds on your lawn
- The particles will permeate the soil of your lawn, helping the lawn grow thick and lush.
- Keep a bowl of grounds in your fridge to eliminate odors
- Dry out the used grounds and put them in an open container, to rid your fridge of odors.
- Rid your hands of garlic and onion smells
- Rub your hands with old coffee grounds after handling the odiferous foods.
- Use grounds as a rub for meat
- Coffee makes a great rub on beef, pork, and chicken. Since the grounds are bitter, using a sweetener such as sugar or molasses is advisable. Get creative with it.
- Hide scratches on your furniture
- Let grounds sit on scratches for up to 10 minutes. Wipe away the grounds with a soft rag. Coffee’s naturally dark color stains the scratches in wood.
- Change the color of your hydrangeas
- Hydrangeas change color depending on the pH level of the soil. Adding coffee grounds will reduce the pH level and give you bright blue flowers.
- Slugs, snails, and other bugs don't like the acidity of coffee and will not cross the ground if it's sprinkled with java.
- Keep cats out of flower beds
- Cats traipsing through your flowers? Just sprinkle some coffee grounds and orange peel where you don't want them to walk.
- Clean ashes from your fireplace
- If you want to sweep up the ashes from your fireplace, avoid that dusty cloud by adding some damp coffee grounds to the pile and sweep away.
- Pour grounds down the sink or bathtub drain, followed by 3 drops of dish soap and a pot of boiling water. This will clean and clear the drain of clogs and built up grease. (sources: Tasting Table, BuzzFeed)