Hints & Humor
Hearing Health House Hints & Humor page has new monthly quotes, helpful household tips, famous sayings, humor, thoughts, interesting facts, quizzes or riddles.
10 Lemon Water Benefits
Lemons are packed with nutrients, including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, fiber, and even contain more potassium than apples or grapes!
1. Give your immune system a boost Vitamin C is like our immune system’s jumper cables, and lemon juice is full of it. The level of vitamin C in your system is one of the first things to plummet when you’re stressed, which is why experts recommended popping extra vitamin C during especially stressful days.
2. Excellent source of potassium As already mentioned, lemons are high in potassium, which is good for heart health, as well as brain and nerve function.
3. Aid digestion Lemon juice not only encourages healthy digestion by loosening toxins in your digestive tract, it helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, burping, and bloating.
4. Cleanse your system It helps flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function, stimulating your liver.
5. Freshen your breath It helps relieve toothaches and gingivitis. The citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so it is recommended to brush your teeth after drinking it.
6. Keep your skin blemish-free Antioxidants in lemon juice help to not only decrease blemishes, but wrinkles too! It can also be applied to scars and age spots to reduce their appearance. Because it is detoxifying your blood, it will help maintain your skin’s radiance.
7. Help you lose weight Lemons contain pectin fiber, which assists in fighting hunger cravings. Studies show that you can lower the glycemic index (how much a food causes your blood sugar to rise) of a meal by 20% - 40% just by adding a few teaspoons of lemon juice to your meal.
8. Reduce inflammation If you drink lemon water on a regular basis, it will decrease the acidity in your body, which is where disease states occur. It removes uric acid in your joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation.
9. Give you an energy boost Lemon juice provides your body with energy when it enters your digestive tract, leaving you hydrated, revitalized, and refreshed. It also helps reduce anxiety and depression. Even the scent of lemons has a calming effect on your nervous system.
10. Help fight viral infections Warm lemon water is the most effective way to diminish viral infections and their subsequent sore throats. Plus, the lemon juice boosts your immune system.
How to drink lemon water for the best of health For those who weigh less than 150 pounds, it is recommended to squeeze half a lemon’s worth of juice into a glass of water. For those who weigh over 150 pounds, use an entire lemon’s juice.
Lukewarm lemon water is recommended. You can dilute the lemon juice more, depending on your personal taste.
Drink it first thing in the morning is recommended, then wait 15 to 30 minutes to have breakfast. This will help you fully receive the benefits of lemon water, which are listed above.
Sources: lifehack.com, healthline.com